· 2 heads of crispy lettuce: iceberg, romaine or crisp lettuce is good
· olive oil
dressing of your choice
1. Slice your lettuces in half long-wise through the stump, which will keep the lettuces from falling apart on the grill.
2. If they are dirty, you can spray them out with water, and let drain cut-side down on paper towels until you are ready to cook them.
3. Pre-heat grill to high in a section that will allow space for 4 halves of the lettuces you are using
4. Pour a little olive oil in your hands, and rub the cut surface and outside leaves of each lettuce to lightly coat. Repeat until each half is coated.
5. Salt and pepper both sides of each half of lettuce.
6. Once the grill is hot – high direct heat is best – place lettuces on the grill CUT SIDE up. Once the outer leaves of each head is slightly charred, flip each lettuce head over so that cut side is down. Grill until slightly charred. Cook time is approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
7. When done, remove lettuce halves from grill and place on a platter cut side up. Drizzle about 1 T. dressing of choice over each lettuce half. Let sit for a couple of minutes, then chop roughly and serve as a side dish.
Leave a Reply
Please login in to post a reply